Thursday, October 1, 2009

My first blog post!

I'm sure most of you know that I have made it safely to Korea. It took me awhile to decide to do a blog, but I figured this would be a great way to document my journey in Korea... so read as much or as little as you want. I'm sure this will be an adventure of a lifetime.

I've been in Guri for about 2 weeks now, and I have just moved in to my new apartment for the year. Until now, I have been living in the famous Love Motel, which is about a 20 minuet walk from my school. I am now about a 1 minute walk from the school and live right next door to an amazing pizza place... this could be a big problem! But my apartment is pretty nice (I'll post pictures soon), and I think I will like living here for the next year!

I start teaching full time tomorrow!! I am so excited for that! I have been teaching 1 class everyday for the last 3 days, so tomorrow will be a big change. I will be teaching every day from about 1:20-7:30, which is nice in a way, but I always say good morning to people... and its not. A lot different from what I'm used to. I have a Kindergarten (Kinde) class that is from 1:20-2:40, and then about 5 other elementary classes throughout the rest of the day. I will be meeting my Kinde class for the first time tomorrow, and I have no idea if they speak any English at all. Tomorrow should be an interesting day!

Other than that, I have been meeting tons of new people, all of them are extremely nice. I've been to a palace, a waterpark, and even to my first nuraebang-a karaokee room that you rent with a group of friends. The nuraebang (could be spelling that wrong) was so much fun and I can't wait to go back!

I know this is kind of long, but I had quite a bit to say! Hope you are all doing well! Don't forget I want to hear from you too! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment